General Contractor: G.H. Phipps
Architect: H +L Architecture Ltd. AIA; Robert Rody
Supply & Erection: Lefever Building Systems
Project Duration: 4 Months, December 2011 – March 2012
- Building is a rooftop structure that was constructed on the top level of a new four story precast concrete structure.
- Pre Engineered Metal Building (78’ x 120’ x 15’ PEMB with an 26’ x 92’ lean-to; ¼:12 gabled roof slope).
- The structure houses research facility and is the Mechanical Penthouse for the existing facility.
- Project includes multiple louvers, hoods and roof curbs to meet design mechanical needs.
- New structure tied into an existing building.
- Project was completed on time and on budget.
Key Building Features:
- LBS worked intensively with GC on design, pre-planning & construction to insure all needs would be met. Given the difficulties of rooftop staging and construction this was a critical factor in the overall project.
- Safety requirements were challenging due to the limited space and difficulties of working in a rooftop environment. There were no accidents or incidents on the project.
Project was the second phase of construction. LBS completed the first phase in 2009 and was subsequently selected to perform the PEMB construction for Phase Two.