General Contractor: Saunders Construction
Pre-Engineered Metal Building: Varco Pruden Buildings & Kingspan Insulated Panels
Supply & Erection: Lefever Building Systems
Project Duration: 8 Months
Total Cost: Approximately $3 million
Project Overview: Lefever Building Systems was the subcontractor to GE Johnson Construction Company. LBS supplied and erected a Varco Pruden pre-engineered steel building, roof walkway, and roof curbs. Project includes a hangar and full business center
Key Building Features:
- The hangar door is a 133’ x 28” bi-parting system by Door Engineering. LBS supplied, paneled and installed this door.
- All four walls of the hangar have a parapet about the plane of the roof. Lined multi-gutter was installed at both sidewalls with internal drainage.
- There is a roof walkway around all the RTU’s to allow the mechanical contractor ease of maintenance and to limit potential heavy traffic on the SSR roof.
- The hangar roof is insulated with R-30 Simple Saver, which also serves as fall protection.
- Business center is an observation deck that has a fantastic view of the front range of the Rocky Mountains.