Project Overview and Scope:
- New 71st Operations Group Buildings (5 metal buildings).
- COF Building featured challenging construction with multiple wall coverings. Difficult roof construction included a 40′ x 73′ flat mechanical area, 14 dome skylights on curbs and a total of 10 mechanical roof top unit curbs.
- Walls were insulated with 6″ (R-19) insulation and the roof with 9 ½” (R-30) Cavity insulation with Sky Web II. The building contains prefabricated steel storage mezzanines with stairs.
- DESB Building is a 6 bay storage building with multiple framed openings (O/H & Man doors).
- Project included 3 Hardstand buildings which provide an open work areas with all open walls.
- Project required working with multiple other subs in a tight work space and under challenging circumstances.
- High security requirements of the Base work environment complicated the work schedule.
- Project constructed in joint coordination with an additional project being simultaneously constructed on the Fort Carson Base.