Location: Questa, NM
General Contractor: Tetra Tech
Pre-Engineered Metal Building: Varco Pruden
Project Time Frame: 7 months
Project Cost: In excess of $5.5 million
Key Customer Benefits:
- Worked with owner to coordinate construction schedule to account for delays in site availability. Schedule constantly revised in the field to accommodate changing customer’s designs and needs. Project faced with a mandatory transfer date to new owner at project completion.
- Overcame difficult logistics challenges. As site had very limited storage LBS provided a solution to deliver material as it was needed. Required management of approximately 70 semi-truck loads of materials to the remote Questa, New Mexico job site. Provided steel erector with the proper sequence and quantity of materials to meet construction schedule. Coordinated fabrication & delivery with the steel building manufacturer and other suppliers.
- Met extremely tight safety requirements on a Chevron job site with as many as 30 steel erectors working at any given time.
- Project success resulted in LBS being awarded multiple follow on smaller projects on the same job site.
Key Building Features:
- Building: 160’ wide 530’ long and 60’ eave height, 1:12 Gable slope roof
- 2009 IBC, Standard Occupancy, 25 # Live Load ( Non-Reducible ),
- 40 lb. Roof/ground snow, 90 mph Wind Speed, B exposure, with a 15 lb collateral load, 3 lb collateral uplift load
- Standing Seam Roof & Standard VP Panel Rib Walls